- Admission is granted to a student when the school can meet his/her individual needs.
- During the admission process, the student is evaluated according to their grade and age in the areas of Spanish, English, Mathematics and Psychological tests.
- Students will be placed in the corresponding level according to their age, or to the report card from the preceding school. (Ordenanza1’96)
BIS Criteria for Admissions
- Families fit the profile preestablished by the school.
- Students pass the admission exams of English, Math & Spanish.
- Students pass the psychological test.
- Families, whose children have no previous or limited knowledge of English and/or Spanish, should commit to have them in tutoring classes in the School, in order to be admitted.
Profile of the BIS family
- Demonstrate that you are the first and most influential educator of your child and that the school reinforces that education.
- Shows affection, respect and solidarity with teachers and school staff.
- Follow school policies and procedures.
- Supports the school to achieve the objectives described in the curriculum.
- Supports your child’s education by actively participating in school activities.
- Enforces the values, manners and ethics of their children in their home.
- Shows concern for the feelings of their children, showing love, tolerance and loyalty.
- Meet the friends of your children and participate in their activities.
- Create rules aligned with school rules.
- BIS does not provide specialized education for severe learning difficulties.
- English is the main language of instruction in the school and it is expected that students have, or will acquire, a satisfactory standard of English.
- BIS follows the School Calendar of the Dominican Republic with 42 weeks from mid-August to mid-June, with vacations in December-January (three weeks), April (one week) and June-August (seven weeks). The school also rests local holidays.
- The students should pass the admission tests (Psychological test, Spanish, Math and English test).
- The parents will be informed of the results by a written report, without this report, registration of any student will not be formalized.
Required documents for registration:
- Birth certificate, original if Dominican and photocopy if foreign.
- Copy of the identification card of the parents or tutors.
- 2 passport size photos.
- Application for registration.
- Last report of grades.
If you come from abroad, you must bring a copy of the record of notes and the document issued by the Department of Validations of MINERD (809-688-9700)
- Report of vaccines.
- Balance Letter from the previous school.