1. Admission is granted to a student when the school can meet his/her individual needs.
2. During the admission process, the student is evaluated according to their grade and age in the areas of Spanish, English, Mathematics and Psychological tests.
3. Students will be placed in the corresponding level according to their age, or to the report card from the preceding school. (Ordenanza1’96)
1. Families fit the profile preestablished by the school.
2. Students pass the admission exams of English, Math & Spanish.
3. Students pass the psychological test.
4. Families, whose children have no previous or limited knowledge of English and/or Spanish, should commit to have them in tutoring classes in the School, in order to be admitted.
Demonstrate that you are the first and most influential educator of your child and that the school reinforces that education.
Shows affection, respect and solidarity with teachers and school staff.
Follow school policies and procedures.
Supports the school to achieve the objectives described in the curriculum.
Supports your child's education by actively participating in school activities.
Enforces the values, manners and ethics of their children in their home.
Shows concern for the feelings of their children, showing love, tolerance and loyalty.
Meet the friends of your children and participate in their activities.
Create rules aligned with school rules.
BIS does not provide specialized education for severe learning difficulties.
English is the main language of instruction in the school and it is expected that students have, or will acquire, a satisfactory standard of English.
BIS follows the School Calendar of the Dominican Republic with 42 weeks from mid-August to mid-June, with vacations in December-January (three weeks), April (one week) and June-August (seven weeks). The school also rests local holidays.
The students should pass the admission tests (Psychological test, Spanish, Math and English test).
The parents will be informed of the results by a written report, without this report, registration of any student will not be formalized.
Birth certificate, original if Dominican and photocopy if foreign.
Copy of the identification card of the parents or tutors.
2 passport size photos.
Application for registration.
Last report of grades.
- If you come from abroad, you must bring a copy of the record of notes and the document issued by the Department of Validations of MINERD (809-688-9700)
Report of vaccines.
Balance Letter from the previous school.